Become part of Advanced Business Systems.
Advanced Business Systems is a local technology services company. Since our inception, our team of professionals has helped local and national companies of all sizes. Our clients continue to do business with us over and over again due to our unmatched reputation for exceeding our clients expectations. Trust is the cornerstone of all our relationships.
We make the same commitment to our employees. By responding to their career needs and aspirations, resolving real world business issues and challenges, and maximizing their investments of time and expertise, we focus on inspiring our employees to be the very best.
Please look into our open positions and apply to join the Advanced Business Systems family.
Outside Sales – Business Technology Consultant
Technology sales are where the market growth is. Advanced Business Systems, a 2022 CNY Business Journal Best Places to Work recipient, is seeking a Business Technology Consultant to join our local, proven team of dedicated professionals.
For over 30 years Advanced Business Systems (ABS) has been bringing technology solutions to local businesses. Imagine the technology changes within the past 30 years, then imagine working for a company committed to keeping up with technology and providing leading-edge solutions. In addition to the printers and copiers that started the business, ABS expanded its’ technology offering to include managed IT services (MNS), software solutions, VoIP telephone systems, plus today’s growth area of cybersecurity!
In this role you will:
• Find your career home and form long-term relationships. Each day as a Business Technology Consultant in an assigned, protected territory you’ll get to meet and work with different people to build your base of business, maintain an existing customer base, earn more commissions, including a commission stream on service revenue for years to come. All while being home each night and weekend.
• Be goal driven. Work with existing business customers (B2B) and prospect to create new opportunities to reach your personal and professional financial goals (with no cap on commissions).
• Market the latest technology. Present the very latest in office technology to C-level buyers so they can spend time on their business, not worrying about the technology that runs it.
We will give you the tools you need to be successful:
• Direct access to local leadership for quick decisions to help you close sales.
• Support from a team that feels like a family, makes time for fun, and enjoys spending time together giving back to the community.
• Company-provided technology including laptop, phone (with unlimited data and hotspot) and copier (for your home office).
• Weekly mileage reimbursement.
• Product and technology training to help you quickly begin closing sales.
For your hard work you will be rewarded with:
• Our unique compensation plan includes:
o A base salary that you control.
o Uncapped commissions.
o Additional pay on service contracts, supply sales, sales spiffs, and incentive-based bonuses.
o Participation in rewards programs offered by our manufactures including Kyocera, Epson, and Brother.
• IRA Retirement plan with company match.
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance available for you and your dependents, plus we’ll pay a portion of the premium and contribute to a Health Savings Account (HSA) to help cover deductibles.
• Progressive time off policy including sick time. Earn more time off the longer you’re with us.
To be successful in this role you will need:
• A strong desire to build a career in sales. Whether you’ve just graduated from college or are looking to make a career move, we want to talk with you.
• Work and live in your sales territory in the Syracuse market. This is not a remote position.
• An affinity for technology and ability to show how it can help local businesses achieve their goals, take care of their customers, and make it easier for their employees to get the job done.
• Internal drive to do well and be successful.
• A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
Start your sales career today! Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or click on the “apply for this position” button below.
Summary of Service Technician Responsibilities and Qualifications includes:
Position: Service Technician – Industry Experience Preferred.
Full-time Monday through Friday 8am to 5pm.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain a valid driving license and good driving record
- Performs a full range of service, troubleshooting and repair procedures. To include: Inspection, cleaning, lubricating, diagnostics, installation of equipment/accessories/parts/components, installing retrofits and modifications, repairs and/or replaces defective or worn parts as necessary to address reported or expected problems.
- Performs Basic Connected installations, sets up IP addresses, downloads printer drivers and provides customer training on printing standalone and network devices.
- Demonstrates required digital competencies associated with assigned products and level assignment.
- Completes technical training on new equipment as assigned.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments
- Operates machines to test their performance
- Initiates orders for parts required for repair of equipment
- Management: Manage car stock inventory – organization and accuracy
- Accurately report daily activity and service call information. All reporting will be conducted in Real Time.
- Effectively executes all required territory management and call handling procedures.
- Works closely with sales partners to maximize equipment leads and upgrade opportunities.
- Maintains and manages own parts inventory with a high degree of accuracy.
- Adheres to territory back-up plans.
- Completes all required administrative tasks in an accurate and timely manner.
- Complies with all company policies.
- Interacts with external customers for the purpose of determining service needs on equipment and ensuring overall high level of customer satisfaction with the service performed.
- Exhibits professional appearance and demeanor at all times.
- Maintains productive, professional relationship with all company personnel.
- Maintains a positive demeanor and is a contributing team member.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Regular, reliable and predictable attendance is required.
Behavior requirement: 100% of the time-civility, cooperation, and professional behavior.
- A valid driver’s license and good driving record is a must
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong analytical and trouble-shooting skills
- Must be a self starter
- Must be capable of working independently
- Ability to handle high stressful situations and thrive under pressure
- Impeccable Integrity and honesty